Community Development aims to bring people together to build stronger communities where all people feel included and supported.
This is done by supporting opportunities for residents to meet others and develop friendships at:
· festivals and events that celebrate the community,
· action groups to tackle local issues
· support groups for people with similar needs.
· self-help groups
· training programs to gain new skills
· arts programs to express community needs or identity
Priorities for our work are determined by talking to residents to find out:
· the needs of the community
· the resources and skills they already have
· the goals they feel are most important to them