This page provides useful links to community organisations in the Mountains.
- Wise Disabilities Employment Services
- Offers a free program to help people with a disability find fulfilling work. The program includes guidance, coaching, training, employer negotiation and ongoing support once you’ve found a job.
197 Katoomba St
Phone: 4782 5199
Springwood Neighbourhood Centre, 108 Macquarie Rd.
- Eloura Blue Mountains Disabilities Services
- Provides accommodation and day support for people over 16 living with an intellectual disability. They run a living skills program, and also provide training and work placement for supported employment.
Phone: 4751 5266
- NADO Inc -Out and About Program
- Supports people over 18 who have disabilities that make it difficult to get into work programs. Activities are based around personal development and living skills, and include sport, arts and crafts, music therapy, yoga and cooking. Programs run in Katoomba, Lawson and Penrith.
Phone: 9623 9855
- The Vale St Centre
- A social group for people who have a disability or are recovering from mental illness. Activities you can do here include yoga, art, theatre and cookery. Open Mon, Weds and Fri, 10.30am-2.30pm.
21 Vale Street, Katoomba
Phone: 4782 1286